martes, 24 de marzo de 2009

In memory of the disappeared

Today was a day of remembrance for the people who disappeared during The Dirty War. There was a small, but dedicated, protest of people demanding...well, demanding notice. H.I.J.O.S. de Tucuman, and the Communist party were there. They played drums, and chanted for further recognition from the current government. I can't imagine the suffering this country has faced.

And I spend all day worrying about finding an apartment. (After seeing two more today, I'm feeling even better about the single room by the park, btw) Today I want to remind myself to be more thankful for every tiny detail of my life. My nose, unclogged and steadily taking breath in. My body tired, but with the understanding that it will have a place to rest that night. My head, entertained constantly by an unending playlist of movie scenes, songs and memories.

I'm finally away from the hostel, safe in a room in the house of my reference here. I think I take safety for granted too much.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario