domingo, 9 de agosto de 2009

It's 3AM


And I'm still awake because I decided to get all nostalgic and return to my college days of youtube binging! Today's obsession: So. You. Think. You. Can. Dance. LOVE IT!

Love it so much, in fact, that Sheeva and I decided to reenact some moves at the Salinas Grandes, a dried up lake, (FLIPPIN' CRAZY, RIGHT!!) outside of Jujuy, Argentina two weeks ago. Here we are!


Back to the July picture book in the morning, but for now I must report that I'm feeling very water color-y. It's definitely been a transition week, and the darks of this week's lingering chest cold (mixed with a splash of life-doubt) are now blending through the gray-blahs and into the brights. I must thank a weekend of theater (a Christmas-themed Cinderella and clown-set social commentary!), tango, "The L Word" in spanish, my Fulbright crew, dirty Skype with my grl Jaya and Sheeva Mostoufi for helping switch sides of the palate, especially because this bout of dark really had me falling deep. How to explain? Well, have you ever reached the point when you realize it's time to start sinking in roots? When you want people consistently feeding you good energy in life to physically be around you, consistently, and the people just passing through to go ahead and move on? I was there. I am there. And it's quite the lesson :)

In other news, word-of-the-day just taught me a new word to describe the last scrap of food after a meal: "ort"

3 comentarios:

  1. YEAH! WUT! I'm LEAVING COMMENTS FOR MYSELF!! It'S AWESOME!! LEAVING COMMENTS ROX!! (hint: please comment!)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I LOVE SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. Obviously. Though Janette should have won or at least been in the final 4. Evan sucks.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. TRUE THAT!! Janette totally should have won, but I can't help but love jeanine too. And poor Kayla, she's the best but that "i get what I want" killed her.

    ResponderEliminar